The Namibian Oncology Centre (NOC) is a state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility in Windhoek, Namibia.
Our comprehensive service offerings include Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, a Paediatric Oncologist, Radiation therapy services, Chemotherapy services, a dedicated Oncology Pharmacy, Counselling services and an 11-bed cancer care ward including a specialised isolation unit.
For many years, Namibians have been dependent on neighboring countries for their access to certain specialised Health Care services. Developed by a Namibian-owned investment company, Spitz Healthcare Investments, NOC aims to address this need to the benefit of, first and foremost, Namibia's cancer population.
NOC offers progressive, comprehensive cancer care through sophisticated treatment modalities whilst simultaneously promoting early detection, treatment and prevention of cancers.
The team at the Namibian Oncology Centre is committed to providing the highest quality services for cancer diagnosis and treatment for all Namibians, to understanding and meeting the needs and respecting the dignity of each individual patient and their family members.
- To provide the most advanced and comprehensive medical services, particularly those related to cancer care, in a safe and compassionate environment.
- To provide quality, accountability and innovation in all services.
- To promote cancer prevention and early detection, through the education of patients, their families and healthcare professionals in Namibia, and through the development of partnerships with other healthcare organizations, both local and international.
- To ensure the efficient and effective use of all resources in order to meet both the present and future cancer care needs of all Namibians.
- To provide continuity of care through the recruitment and retention of the highest quality healthcare professionals and the continuous development and training of NOC's multidisciplinary team.
Chemotherapy involves the use of certain specialized medicines or drugs to treat cancer. NOC's chemotherapy treatment area is spacious and comfortable, allowing our patients some degree of privacy and making provision for family members/friends to sit with them.
Radiation Therapy is the use of ionising radiation to kill tumor cells. Comprehensive treatment planning is conducted in collaboration with the centre's physicist and Oncologists, altogether ensuring the safest, most efficient and effective radiation treatment is delivered to our patients.